Wednesday, January 24, 2007

When Grandma learns to e-mail . . .



Dear Kids,

I am very happy in the new residence you have put me in. This week we actually got to go outside for an hour.
I haven't been feeling very good this week - the friend I shared a room with died yesterday.
I am coping pretty well with my sorrows. It's been six months since you've visited me last, so I guess you're all pretty busy.
It's OK, I've learned to use the Internet to pass the time.
And the computer in the rec room has a pretty decent web cam.
So you can remember what I look like, I have attached a recent picture of myself.
You all take care now, and write to me soon.
With all of my heart.
Love,
Grandma



3 comments:

loria said...

Hey I wonder if any of my patients feel that way.

BBC said...

My response will be posted on my blog in the morning.

Kirsten N. Namskau said...

Loria: You know, it is the feeling of being forgotten by you own that hurts the old people in homes. After a long life, caring for your husband and children, you suddenly become a burden to everyone, just because you are getting old.
Doesn't matter how good the home itself is.